Friday, December 5, 2008

Getting big!

I got Lilly in for an apt today. Her doctor said she has a cold in her eye. Its not pink eye, its just a cold in her eye. She wrote a rx for erythromycin ointment that I have to put in her eye. That's no fun. It seems to not be as bad tonight as it was the past few days. She has been crabby and clingy but she is sick so that is understandable. She has not slept that well. I have been co sleeping with her half the night, she is up a lot more than normal. She got weighted and she weighs 12lbs 1oz! She's a piggie, gaining 1 lb in 2 weeks! Seems weird since she has not eating as much lately, but she is growin'!

Finally got the Christmas tree decorating done today. It looks very nice. My mil and fil gave us some decorations and I used everything they gave us. They only gave us a few ornaments but I used all of our ball ornaments and all the ones they gave us plus a few more of what we had. I didn't use all of our ornaments but came close. We have a bigger tree now, so it will hold more. I don't like an over crowded tree. I don't want to to have few ornaments but I don't want it to have to much. In all the Christmas stuff they gave us was a little town (there are 4 pieces) that you plug in and they light up. I plugged them in and put them under the tree. It looks very nice, pics to come. My mil also gave me a few decorations to put around the house and I did. We still don't have a lot, we will get there one year. You have to build up your stash. Christmas is only a few weeks away, very scary!

OK onto another topic. I read all kinds of "thrifty" blogs or blogs that help moms or people in general out. I have been considering for a couple weeks about creating another blog that is just for "thriftiness". I have read on a few blogs that you can get paid for it, depending on advertisement and traffic to your blog. I would like to try this, its a free investment, as I could create another blog on blog spot, which is free as well. I'd find stuff to talk about, deals, personal experiences, how to's, etc. I can advertise for people and they would pay me. There are all sorts of things you can do. I went here to get more in depth on what to do to make money blogging. There are 7 parts to it, but it was a good read.

On that note, I would like a little insight and inspiration on what I should make my blog about. I read blogs on thriftiness, couponing, deals, mainly about how to save money and to be frugal. I would like to do something along those lines, but thought I could get some insight from my readers on what maybe you think I could do, or something that interests you. Also a name for the blog would be helpful too, that would go along with the topic. Leave comments and I will decide from there. I hope I get a lot of suggestions/ideas, they will be much appreciated. When I do get my new blog rolling I hope you all would pay a visit a time or two.

No new pics this time I hope you all have/had a wonderful week/weekend and Happy shopping! don't spend too much ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey cuz,

I saw this a few days ago and I've been thinking about it since then. Some random advice:

Be careful with Google Adsense. They canceled my account and wouldn't tell me why, now I can't work with them ever again.

I love frugal blogs that talk about how the person actually saved money, as opposed to "theory" talk. I also like blogs that stay on topic at least 90% of the time, so that there isn't a lot of rambling.

Personally, I'd suggest starting with a Today.com blog, since they pay per post. I have one (that I don't update as often as I should) and I'm thinking of starting a second one for thrifty topics.

If you want to talk things over, I would absolutely love to chat on the phone sometime about this.

Amanda