Saturday, June 25, 2011

Politics: BEWARE!

Please note that these are my opinions and I do know that not everyone will agree but I know that some of you will. I think lately I feel that I am way more conservative than some of my conservative friends. On the other hand I do know a lot of liberals and this is one reason why I am posting this here and not for all to see.

Please feel free to comment but please be nice about it and not putting down me or any other person who comments (not that any of you will). I just want to express my opinions and get it off my chest.

The first thing that I would like to talk about is the whole Planned Parenthood fiasco. Now I understand that they provide woman with healthcare that they otherwise could not afford. I am not saying that is good to take it away but I do, however agree for them to stop funding them for abortions BUT I dont think if they defund them it will stop them from support abortions. Here is my theory. Let's say the gov't gives you 500.00 a month but you can not use it towards your mortgage/rent. So they take that 500 and put it into an account and take another 500 and use that towards the mortgage. so really what I am saying know matter what money the gov't says you cant put towards something they will ALWAYS find away to fund it and perform abortions. I HATE that. I dont care the the girl is 14 years old. If you stupid enough to go out and have sex at 14 and get pregnant then give birth and give it up for adoption! That is what make me mad the most. Instead of giving the child life with someone who CANT HAVE A BABY and really longs for one you kill it, yeah that makes sense. Those that arent 14, they can be in their late teen or even 20's or later if you dont want a child then DONT HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX and better yet if you dont want a child and you do get pregnant then do the responsible thing and give it up for adoption!


I read and article that said that most if not all the money they get from medicare/medicaid goes towards abortions which is like 1.4 million (despite what PP says, they will deny it). Now all the liberals are fighting saying it's unconstitutional to defund PP. is it unconstitutional to kill a baby b/c the mother doesnt want to take responsibility for her actions?? I get certain circumstances but for the most part its those that dont want a baby that kill them!

Sorry abortion really is a hot topic for me and I know several Christian friends who are NOT on the same boat I am, which aggravates me.

Ok maybe in a way it's not right so woman who cant afford healthcare cant get medical, I get that. I also get that it might not be right to say that medicare and medicaid participants cant go there, cant they find sort of way to defund them and still keep medicare/medicaid? Also isnt that a gov't issued, so why is it a problem if the state is defunding them to use medicare/medicaid.

Please feel free to answer these questions or put your thoughts/insight in. Some of these I really dont know and I am just trying to figure it out.

The other thing that makes me mad is the whole same sex marriage crap! Today or maybe yesterday The New York Senate just passed same sex marriage. What has our country come too?? And I cant believe people are ok with this!

I just know that our founding fathers are rolling in their graves for what our country has come to! I joined a facebook page called Oust Obama 2012. I sure hope he does NOT win again and that Indiana will not go Liberal again or I will be so mad. Ugh this is one reason why I HATE politics. 

I have seen so many of my friends on fb who's beliefs amazing me. Some of my friends I went to hs with are gay, I dont have a problem with that if that is what they choose. I dont agree with it by any means but one of them did or still does (not sure) go to a gay church. Are you serious!??!?!?!?! GOD is NOT cool with your lifestyle! God did NOT intend marriage to be with man and man or woman and woman. He intended it to be with ONE man and ONE woman! This is my point people! Come up with a different solution for those couples to receive certain rights but it should NOT be by marriage!

The other thing I really dont get and makes me mad is people who say they are "Christians" but say they are liberal. How can you possibly be a Christian and be liberal??

I really dislike it when people claim they are Christians but do not have christian beliefs or are liberal. I just really dont understand how you can be a Christan AND Liberal they dont mix!

The other thing about people's "religion" and yes I used quotes around that. Some people say their religion is "Science" which really gets to me or a name of a person, really?? How can people even think this CAN be a religion? Plus all of these other False Prophet religions like Latter Day Saints (Mormons) and Jehovah witnesses and the other one that is hard for me to fathom is Scientology that MOST actors believe in. Really?? Talk about false prophets.

People are making religion not what it truly is.  It's hard to believe someone thinks up these stupid false religions and people actually follow them and believe it?!?!?! The more I have gotten older the more I have understood some of these religions (some thanks to my hubby) and I just cant believe there are that many "cult" like religions out there?

I guess I just cant understand how people can go through this lifetime/there lifetime and NOT know who the ONE TRUE God is. Im mean come on, look around and you will see that what you are looking at was all created by God himself. How can one believe that Evolution is true? Derived from Monkeys, and the Big Bang, bunch of crap!

I have been thinking of a phrase and this is the best I can come up with

"anyone can say they are a Christian but those that truly believe will have eternal life."

aaahhhh that feels so good to get off my chest. I hope some of you gain insight. Please feel free to chime in and share your thoughts but please remember BE NICE! I understand if you dont agree but please be respectful.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Catholics are actually even stricter on these beliefs than Christian- and I know that came out sound mean and it's not meant to be taken that way, I am just saying that the Catholic church is actually considered to be one of the most conservative (if not the most conservative) religions. So it is not "catholics" who are liberal in that sense.

I think the problem is that most people don't actually take the time to get to know politics and what they are about. I considered myself liberal when I got out of college. I thought democrats were the be all end all. Then I actually started paying attention to what each party stood for and what the values were of each party. That is when I realized I am a republican.

I agree with a lot of what you said here. I have lost friends over some of these issues, which is part of why I did not comment on facebook today about one in particular.

Tony and I have many gay family and friends. We love them and think they are great people, but we do not agree with their choice. God made one man and one woman to be together and procreate. He did not intend for same sex couples to be together. If he did, he would have made it so they could procreate. I know many people would disagree with me on this, but I believe it is the truth.

I agree also on PP. They do offer many good services, but abortion has become such a central part of their business, and I cannot support it. (Don't even get me started on abortion, that is the subject that ignited controversy on my facebook page a couple years ago). You should read the book unPlanned. It is written by a former PP director, and it talks about her journey from an abortion and PP advocate to a pro life stance. It is very enlightening into the mentality of the PP organization.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents for now.

Heather said...

Thanks Tabitha! None of it sounded mean at all. I usually like to hear everyone's point of view only if I have similar beliefs.

Unknown said...

Hey Heather! Thanks for sharing your opinions, it was a good read! I know I am on the "other side" when it comes to a lot of things that you have mentioned here, and so I just want to give my two cents. I am a God loving (Christian? Not actually sure, but I do know I love God!) Liberal Democrat. Now part of it is how my parents raised me, and part of it is that Liberal Dems stand up for social programs, which I strongly believe in, and that I believe Taxes are an important thing for any country and economy.

I don't think you have to be a republican to love God or to love Christian values, I don't define myself as a Liberal because I am pro-choice or pro-gay marriage or any of the other religious hot buttons. I look at other issues and see how I feel, and I usually fall on the Dem side. My problem with the whole Gay marriage issue is that yes, in the Bible it is pretty darn clear that God isn't cool with it, BUT, in our Constitution it also states a very clear separation of Church and State. Basically meaning that we cannot allow our religious views to skew our views of other issues.

As for abortion, I am a pro-choice gal, mostly because I think that it is something that will never be resolved and I would rather girls get it done in a safe environment, than all of the back alley abortions gone wrong that reported about in countries where abortions are hard to get.
But again, these things do not define my liberalism, those things are too huge, too much of a hot button. I think of many other things that define me as a liberal and as a Christian.
Thanks for putting yourself out here!

Unknown said...

Oh and by the way, I meant to write that it's me Caitlin, lol!

Unknown said...

Honestly Caitlin, I don't understand you. You say you support abortion mostly because it is going to be done anyway, so you would rather it be legal (or as you say, safer?) With that argument, you may as well make murder legal too, because people are going to do it anyway. Just because it is legal doesn't make it right.

As for the whole gay marriage thing, yes there is separation of church and state. Holy matrimony is just that-- holy. It is a religious thing. Now the government is trying to take a religious matter and make it political. If gays want the same rights as married people when it comes to taxes, health care, etc, then they can create their own category, such as a civil union (which, btw is what anyone has who was not joined together by a religious figure). Gays balked at this, demanding marriage, which is a fundamentally religious thing, thus imposing the government on religion.

I'm not trying to be inconsiderate, but I just find so many flaws with your argument.

laura said...

Heather-I agree with almost everything you said, you and I have many similar beliefs. I do however believe that gay couples belong in church. You can't expect someone to change if you don't teach them about who Christ is and what he has to offer. It is a sin just like any other sin. According to the Bible all sin is created equal. I don't believe you are born that way. But, as Christians we have no right to judge them. That is my pet peeve, Christians judging others. We are to bring others to Christ and you can't do that when you are not loving others or showing them you can love them even if they make mistakes. My brother is gay, and it has been the hardest thing for me. But, he knows how I feel and he knows I love him anyway. As for politics, I usually vote republican but, I will support someone based on their moral values. That is my two cents worth...just here waiting for Jesus to come back. Hopefully soon!!

Trisha said...

Sis, I have a couple of questions for you.

First...since you're railing against unprotected sex, I'm just dying to know what you think of us...you know, being that your nephews were born out of wedlock and all...

Second, are you saying that Christians can't believe in evolution? That's a very dangerous position to hold. I think you have a very narrow view of what evolution is and that you don't really understand what it means.

As for the false prophets, Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians, they just do not believe in the trinity. Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jesus was God's only direct creation, that everything else was created by means of Christ and that the holy spirit is God's power or "active force" rather than a person. They do believe, as you have stated, in "one true God." They believe that Jesus is the mediator between God and man but that that role is restricted to anointed Christians.

Mormons consider themselves Christians, too (though it differs from the traditional orthodoxy of Catholicism and Protestantism and is therefore considered by those sects as non-Christian). They believe that Jesus was the son of God, that he died on the cross as the final sin offering and that he rose from the dead. They, like the JW's, dismiss the trinity. They also have some other oddities, like that Christ appeared in western NY after his resurrection (it was founded there. That was a big deal while we were living there - everyone made sure we knew they were the home of LDS) and that his second coming will be in Missouri. The religion is centered geographically around North and South America. Of course, they also hold their Book of Mormon on the same level as the Bible. The Book of Mormon, however, can only reveal itself to modern-day leaders. They classify themselves as a religion of Christian primitivism.

Heather said...

My point behind the "unprotected sex" as you put it is that if they are not going to take responsibility for their actions after their relations then they shouldn't be doing that.

Regarding you, you took responsibility for your actions.

I do realize that unprotected sex happens all the time and there really isn't a way of stopping but but they need to realize that they need to take responsibility for what might happen.

As far as evolution I do understand that you evolve to/around your settings but there is a lot of it that I dont believe and I think is stupid. Even Darwin took back what he said later on.