I used to be a Mary Kay lady. It’s true! Lipstick, red jacket, tights and all! And I have to say, I’m thankful for my Mary Kay days because of one very important piece of information I was introduced to: the Six Most Important things List.The “six list” originated during the 1920’s when a man by the name of Ivy Lee revealed his secret to success to Charles Schwab, the owner of a steel company. Lee charged Schwab nothing to share his secret, but only asked that Schwab would pay him what he thought it was worth after trying it out for 90 days. Well, it worked. The six list secret worked so well that Schwab wrote out a check to Lee for $25,000 (this during a time when an average worker made just under $600 a year). So, what’s the secret? It is so very simple. Every night before bed write down the top six things, in order, that you need to accomplish the next day (no more than six). Then, go systematically through the list, completing the tasks in order, crossing out each thing as you go. The story goes that when Schwab sent Lee a check, he also included a note saying the
advice was the most profitable business lesson he ever learned. I’ll bet it is just as profitable in other ways for us homemakers. Want to give it a try?
No comments:
Post a Comment