Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 2: Created to Give Life

Today was day 2 and I think it went rather well. Here is what Day 2 is all about:
Day 2 - Created to Give Life
“Life-giving is about receiving from God in order to give to others.” Barbara
Mouser, Five Aspects of Woman
You were created to be a life-giver.
All women are life-givers; God made us that way. Life-giving, in its most basic
sense, is raising life above the level of mere existence. We give life physically and
spiritually, in many forms. We also give life intellectually, socially, and
artistically. We as women have been blessed with the very nature of life-giving!
At its core, life-giving is all about love – loving others with what God has given
us.
What are some specific ways women give life?
• Our Words
• Our Home – Decorating, preparing meals, creating an atmosphere of peace,
hospitality
• Education – To yourself, your children, or others
• Church – Using your gifts
• Socially
• Culture and the Arts
• Heritage and Traditions – Enriching the lives around you
“Who is woman? She is the redeemed Life-giver, enlivened by the love of Christ and
continuously renewed by Him as she nurtures others.” Barbara Mouser, Five Aspects of
Woman

I have felt quite accomplished today despite my downer mood. I cleaned the kitchen, got the dishes almost done, along with making homemade butter and bread and prepping dinner. I made a yummy pound cake so we could have strawberry shortcake for dessert. I did clean and somewhat organize the dining room yesterday too.

Lillian slept in until 9 this morning! That is a first in a LONG time. She had been cranky whiny the whole day and I think around 2 or so she finally fell asleep on the couch. I will add a picture later. she was so adorable. When she woke up she had a fever of 100.4. She wanted to be held and was really warm. I gave her Tylenol and by the time she went to bed her fever was down. She wanted to go to bed before 7 but she didnt fall asleep until almost 9! Little booger.

Onto day 3 tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

No comments: