This past weekend Nathanial and I went to the IAHE (Indiana Association of Home Educators) convention and we loved it. It was so inspiring for me and for Nathanial. He told me that he wasnt looking that forward to it only because he thought it was a bit too early BUT he was inspired too. I think we both learned a lot and gave us a lot of insight not only on homeschooling but as parents and who we are in general. Our friends Bryan and Emily who live in Indy (they used to go to our church until they moved back to Indy about 4 years ago), went to the convention as well. Hadley will be 4 in December and Lydia will be 1 on Thursday. They let us stay at their house on Friday night, since the convention was Friday and Saturday. Thanks guys!
I have been struggling a lot lately with a LOT of things, motivation, some depression, house cleaning (but that isnt anything new). Just hearing the speakers inspired me to kick it into high gear and to CHANGE and to start a strict routine for myself. It is an extremely conservative convention, which I didnt mind at all. In fact it made me even more conservative that I already was. We got a TON of information, signed up for a few things and cant wait to go back next year.
I have decided this week, although I have failed already this week, to start going Proverbs with Lillian. We will do 1 proverb a week. This will include reading it, memorizing the verse and working on Characteristics that are within that verse and other activities to go along with it. I am going to start to have a somewhat consistent routine. Lillian is pretty laid back and free spirited and doesnt HAVE to have a routine but I think this is a good habit to get into so when we do start homeschooling full time it will be an easy transition. We will also do activities every day too. I havent really started this week, I am working on lesson plans and a schedule right now.
I am going on a strict schedule for me. Getting up early every day. I will get up and get dressed, which I rarely get "dressed" this meaning something other than sweats. I will working laundry and cleaning in the morning and prepare breakfast. Then go on from there. I purchased the 31 Days to Clean ebook and I am starting that. It will help me get into a good cleaning routine, which I am horrible at, but you all know that already. It's a really cheap ebook and I can have it forever and keep me on track. So I will be blogging daily, or at least I will try to blog daily. This will help me keep track and keep me accountable.
So today was Day 1: Identify specific reasons you want to make your home a haven and then complete a mission statement based on those reasons.
Today I worked out at the Rec Center for the first time in almost a year. I did a Dance Fit class with a friend from church who's husband also works at SIA. It was SO fun! I am going to join them in doing Zumba on Monday nights too and hopefully it will make me do it at home with my Wii Zumba and make it a tad easier than it is currently. So on Monday and Tuesday nights I will be working out. Nathanial is on days now until August so it makes it easier to go. They do have child care but its at specific times. I think until 7 and the classes are both from 6-7 so I would be pushing it.
I promise I will update with pictures soon. Probably on tomorrows post.
No comments:
Post a Comment