Today was my first and last day back to work. N and I have talked since I became pregnant about me being able to stay home when the baby was born. Since he has gotten his second raise, and is making pretty good money, and we have been doing REALLY well budgeting lately he told me that he didn't care how long I didn't work as long as we continued to do good on our budget. Well I finally made the decision to quit work, but they told me that had to come back one day, so that day was today. I only worked 4 hours, actually a little over that. I was mainly up at the service desk, I just did what ever, I'm cool like that :). I really missed my baby! I knew she was in good hands with daddy but I missed her. I dint know how moms can go back to work after 6 weeks. Its very hard. I called home once, and N said she was doing good. I only got the time to pump 3 oz because she takes my entire day most days nursing, with breaks for play time.
When I got home she was not a happy camper and N said she has been crying and mad for about a half hour, I took her as soon as I got home and she quieted down. I told her all she wanted was her mommy, and I believe she did! She loves her daddy very much, but when she is used to mommy being with her all day long 4 hours is a long time to be away from mommy. I absolutely love being home. Although i need to do some major house cleaning. I feel that she has been taking up all my time lately that I have not had a lot of time to do much of anything. I just got her to lay down around 6:30, she was wide awake when I left, and N said she didn't sleep much when I was at work. I clocked in at work at twenty till 10, and clocked out about a quarter till 2. She has been a lot more alert and awake during the day. I can get her content enough while feeding her that I can play with her until she wants more to eat. She is smiling a lot now and I love that. She has such a beautiful smile for a beautiful little girl!! I love her so very much. I don't know what my life was like with out her.
We had Melody over for dinner on Saturday, I finally got to make apple crisp, Lillian was content for awhile but started to get really fussy while I was in the middle of making, it but her and Melo hung out and she comforted her as much as Lilly would cooperate. I took a few pics of her and Melo. Melo was making a few noises and she was watching so contently and one pic she just smiled really big. It was a genuine smile. I love that pic so much! N and I are talking about getting a van when we get our tax return. This holiday is going to be difficult with a car, as far as all the stuff we will get for Lilly. We will need to get one eventually and it will make it for easy travel to the parents. There is so much stuff you have to take, and during the summer when we want to go camping we will need to take the stroller and the pack n play and we will not be able to fit both of those in the car plus all the other stuff. It will make our traveling life a whole lot easier.
I better be a little productive tonight, even though I don't want to.
No comments:
Post a Comment