Friday, November 21, 2008

Harder than I thought

I have been trying to get Lillian to sleep in her own bed at night...huh that is a BIG challenge. Lately the minute I put her down she wakes up and fusses a lot. Eating her fists, which I know she is not hungry, but I think its because she doesn't have my breast right there like she is used to. I stick her pacy in her mouth and pat her on the butt very lightly. I usually turn on the heartbeat bear. Well that works for awhile but it seems when ever her pacy falls out of her mouth she instantly wakes up and gets mad. I am running up and down the stairs more that I would want to and should. I am trying to do everything to make is seem like she is right next to me. Tonight I put a burp cloth right next to her face....don't worry she will not suffocate, and tucked excess blanket next to her tummy. It took quite awhile to get her down tonight. I got her down around 11:3o and I gave her her bath at 8, then we nursed and I put her to bed. That is how long I was trying to get her to sleep and stay asleep.

I know it will get better but it seems that its getting worse. I guess they say it gets worse before it gets better. Speaking of that, her hernia on her belly button seems to be getting worse. The doc was not concerned about it on Monday. I called last Friday and the phone nurse I talked to said they don't do much about it. She said she has seen some as high as an inch and they don't do anything. It seems that it has gotten worse than better, but maybe that's what it will do. I don't like it, it seems that it would hurt her, but the doc told me that it doesn't bother them. I also asked her if that could be why she doesn't like lying on her stomach. She said its most likely because she hasn't figured out how to push herself up with her hands and she cant see anything. I put her on the boppy on her tummy and she doesn't mind that. Once she realizes she can push herself up she might like it better.

The doc also said that we would notice that she will start to do 360's on the floor. In the next month or 2 she should start to roll over either from her back to her tummy or her tummy to her back. We think she is going to be an early crawler. She wants to go places. If you put her low on your tummy or chest she will climb you. She kicks those feet like no tomorrow and moves. I have put her on her tummy and she has moved forward a few inches. Its cute now when I put her in her bouncy and turn it on (its a rain forest one and has music and things that move), she will coo and laugh. Its so cute.

OK, hopefully when I blog next time the night time will have gotten a little easier. I'm working on it. I know she is still little but she needs to learn to sleep in her bed. I have uploaded a few videos. One of her laughing and smiling, its pretty short and another one is tummy time. I know the rattle can get annoying, I'm was trying to get her to follow it but she wouldn't do it very well for the video. The tummy time one is not that good of quality, sorry. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Trisha said...

It will get better, I promise. I didn't know she had a hernia on her belly button. And, no, they don't hurt. Zach had a double inguinal hernia, remember? He had surgery 2 weeks after being released from the hospital to fix it. It didn't hurt him, but his had to be taken care of. It will go away, eventually. Don't be scared about it.

As far as getting her to sleep, you may just have to let her cry a bit. She's got to learn to comfort herself. If she loses her passy, let her cry a bit first to see if she can either find it herself, or sooth herself back to sleep.

Jen said...

Elliott had a hernia too. He was creepy but it didn't bother him. Andrew thought it would poke him in the eye when he cried because it would pop out so much. Our Dr. said to do nothing but some people tape a quarter to it to hold it in...weird!!! It will go away on its own and you won't remember it was there!!!