has struck our house!! It all started about 5+ weeks ago when Lillian started off with just a cold. It seemed to get worse so at about 2 1/2 weeks in I took Lil to the Dr only because she woke up one afternoon from her nap with snot coming out of her eyes and her left eye was almost swollen shut! He Dr was unavailable but she saw another one in the office and I really like her. She knew right away that it was a sinus infection. I had to give her eye drops twice daily for 5-7 days and oral medicine twice daily for 10 days. Let me tell you that was NOT fun!
So another week and a half goes by she is still sick. Congested, not sleeping well, getting up multiple times throughout the night, and just really whiny and clingy. So I called the Dr and got her in last Monday and she has ANOTHER cold. The Dr said that it was a cold on top of a cold. Even though she has a sinus infection the first round of antibiotics didnt kill it so she is on another one, almost done. It has not been fun giving it to her this time either but it has started getting a little easier. She seems excited to take it saying "mommy, medicine?" She will lay down but then fights me to get it in her mouth, but now she stops fighting once it's in her mouth and lets me give it to her easily. It's grape flavored so I know it probably tastes somewhat good.
So now I have been sick. I started having a cold about a week and a half ago and last Wednesday my throat was killing me all day and I was so achy. I felt better Thursday but still not 100%. I have been coughing and very flemmy. I feel like I am going to cough up a lung. Well today I woke up with an ear ache. I got into the Dr. He's a new one. The last one I didn't like and I only went to her once and that was 4 years ago. N and I are now seeing the same Dr. He is very nice and said that I have an ear infection, and its just the start of it. So now I am on an antibiotic. Gees. Glad N has not gotten sick, because its not like he can just call off work w/pay. If he does it goes against his attendance and he doesn't get paid for it.
So now that all of us are starting to be on the mend I hope to catch back up on my blog. I know I have slacked on the blog challenge but when you have a sick family, the blog is let go.
Lillian is hitting "the terrible twos" hot and heavy right now. I get mad and frustrated too easily with this. There are times I just dont know what to do and need a break and I dont get a break. Last night she woke up at 10:30 from her sleep and was literally screaming bloody murder. She demanded that I sit next to her bed. I could NOT leave. I finally laid down and she was ok with that. I eventually talked to her, once she calmed down, and was able to leave the room at like almost midnight. I tried sneaking out a few times, but she caught me, of course. She didnt get up until I woke her up this morning. I had an eye Dr. apt. at 9:30 and I had to take her down to Shanon's since N is on days this week and I didnt know that until yesterday. I was able to get into the my regular Dr at 11:45. I sure do like him. Anyways so she slept all night after that. I would have let her sleep if it were for having to leave. She took a short late nap so hopefully she will sleep well tonight and not wake up screaming like last night.
So that is what has been going on here. Ill post more later.
No comments:
Post a Comment