Thursday, August 6, 2009

A step here and a step there

OK a few updates.

Sooooo...apparently Lil has taken 2 steps and I MISSED THEM BOTH and I WAS IN THE ROOM!! How does that happen?? On Monday N said that she took one step ( I was on the phone trying to get new TV service) and last night at Krissy, Grammy and Shanon's she took a step towards Grammy. She was playing with her and I think I was talking to Krissy, and I missed it AGAIN!! I have not seen her do it since, little stinker. Ill see it...sometime.

This morning she said uh oh, it was so cute. She says mama on cue most of the time. She has said baby too. I'm working with her more and more. Oh, when you say big girl, she raises her arms above her head and then laughs and smiles. Its so cute. I need to get it on video.

So Tuesday we finally got a dish again. We got direct TV. We are getting Verizon DSL on the 26th. They have to come out and hook up the phone line, even though we are not getting phone service. We will be completely through with Comcast on the 26th!! I am so very happy. We hate comcast. We only pay for basic cable which is channels 2-21, well for some reason for the 3 years we have had them we got a lot more than that, we got their expanded cable. Well that all went away on Monday morning around 10:30. So I called them and it was going to be over 50 dollars to get the expanded cable. They charge 15.99/mo for the dvr, which is insane, and then we have their Internet. Well I didn't cancel the cable because our Internet would go up to 60.00/mo! So we are keeping it until we get our dsl.

We got a great deal with Direct tv and even with that and Verizon, which is like 13.00 cheaper than what comcast charges for their cable Internet, its still cheaper than what we are paying for cable. I don't know why we didn't do this before, well we know why we couldn't get locals on dish, but direct now has them. They are more than dish network but for now it works. Im happy and their customer service is great. Oh and the only charge 6.00/mo for the dvr.

To tell you how crappy Comcast is, Shanon has been trying for the past 2 weeks to get them to come out and make sure they exist. They show they don't exist in their computer, that's because its a new build. Anyways, Grammy calls them almost daily to find stuff out, and they say they will call them back and then dont. The people at comcast are morons anyways. They have NO idea what they are doing, I know from experience on that one. So I told Shanon about our great deal with direct tv and she called them and they are getting it installed tomorrow.

Its been one of those weeks. And I am changing our trash removal service too. I found out that Shanon has Tippecanoe Waste and only pays like 40.00 less than we do. I don't think she pays for recycle though. I'm paid up through the end of October with Waste Management but as of Nov. 1st we will have a new trash company. I'm so happy that I have been saving us money lately on our bills. GO ME!! But after all that is my job as a stay at home mom and wife :)

That's pretty much all for now. I have quite a bit of cleaning to do. I have neglected it and I need to get it clean for Saturday.

No comments: