Last week she signed more for the first time, and I had not even signed it to her in awhile. Now she does it all the time. Mostly after she takes a bite she will do it right afterwords but sometimes she will do it before. I was so excited when she did it. She even does it correctly now! I have been working with her on feeding herself, not with a spoon, but with her hands, since she wouldn't and tonight it finally paid off!!! I put some gold fish crackers on her tray and walked into the kitchen and was getting her stuff to eat and turned around and saw her feeding herself the crackers!!! I was so excited. She still isn't the best at it, but I'm so excited my working with her paid off. It will make it much easier giving her snacks from now on. I can stop feeding her and she can do it herself!
Today I finally made my first diaper. I'm so excited it turned out so good. Some imperfections but I'm not perfect and its my first one. It only took me the entire afternoon, but hey when you try something for the first time, its takes awhile right? Now that I have the hang of it, I think I can make them in no time. I had a little trouble sewing the fleece to the PUL fabric, I had the fleece side down and it kept rippling so I decided to sew with the fleece side up and it worked much better. The elastic I was concerned about and I think I did really good with it. Its much easier than in seems. I did the smallest size first (size 0-6 mo). I put it on Lil just to see it and yeah, it definitely is not her size. I have 6 large sizes (6-24 mo) and 3 small sizes of the fabric that I have. I'm getting more next week, but I have to wait for pay day. I am hoping at some point that I can start selling these and have my own business. I might even do well with my local GLAM's group. I need to get better at making them first, and get my stash going, before I think about it.
N and I start classes next week. I have them on T/Th and N has them on M/W/F. I'm really excited. I need some time w/out Lil. It will be good for Lil too.
N and I are getting more involved at church. He is helping Lucas with 9Th/10Th boys small group on Sundays, the nice thing is its at Lucas' so N can walk down. I am helping Janell with High school girls small group and I am also helping with the Youth Group on Wednesdays. I'm really excited and looking forward to it.
Here are a few pics of my first diaper making! As my friend Emily said, it looks like a Happy Heiny's, which is a diaper brand. I have one of those and that is what I went off of when sewing it. Its a different pattern but I sewed (is that a word?) it like the Happy Heiny.
This is my favorite print, so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment