Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Terrible 2's!

Boy has the past 4 days been rough! Lillian has gotten really really bad about tantrums. She has been clingy all week and I cant get much done. You tell her no and she throws herself on the floor and throws her fit. I just wish we could pass this stage, but that is part of being a parent. My sister brought up a good point that she cant really express herself so instead she throw her tantrum. I understand that and I know its normal, its just overwhelming and frustrating sometimes. Last night I was soooo happy to have a 3 hr class because it gave me a break. I wanted to rip my hair out yesterday. She does have a cold, so that is some of the problem and I did notice tonight that she has some swelling where her eye teeth are, so I think she is starting to cut those, this will be a fun 2 weeks or so (feel the sarcasm?)

We went to Phil and Becky's on Saturday. Melody went along with us. Its was a great drive in our new VAN! We got a new van last Monday and I LOVE it! Its an 05 Caravan so its not much different from our other van but there are some nice features. With that being said, Lil is now officially forward facing. I really wanted to wait longer, but the new van has captains chairs so her car seat will not fit well rear facing. It was tight in the other van (and that has a bench seat). Lil LOVES being forward facing. It drives very nice and it only has 60,000 miles on it and it had 1 owner! We got a GREAT deal on it too.

So we went to Phil and Becky's because we took our futon up for Garrett and Deb. We got a new bed so we needed to get rid of the futon to make room for our old bed to go in there. Garrett and Deb are moving Friday to St. Louis so I wanted to know if they wanted it for their extra room. So Friday was a pretty productive day. We got the futon taken down and loaded in the van, and the other bed up and I got my sewing stuff rearranged. Its a bit tight but it works. I still have a lot of organizing to do upstairs and I really need to get on that. I need to work on our bedroom more, then onto the game room.

Here are a few words that Lil is pretty good at saying

*meow, meow (when asked what a kitty says and also for a dog)
*mmmm (cow's sound)
*UP (her new word!!)
*what's this or what is that?? This is said ALL the time!
*where is he or where is it? Said when trying to find daddy or trying to find something, like her cup
*she did say eye tonight!!
*huh huh huh huh.....(her I want something sound, mainly her cup) its quite annoying but at least we know what she wants

That is all I can think of right now.

I was stuffing and organizing her diapers and she stole the basket!

1 comment:

greatgrandma said...

Those two's are precious, don't worry about the temper tantrums, just do to her what I did to her grandmother, walk away and let her vent her anger and she will come looking for you in a better mood. this too shall pass and you'll wonder where the time went. Just love each moment. Love you ggFelix