Phew, its been a busy week! Due to the Toyota recall N didnt have production last week, but they still worked, if they wanted to. If they didnt work, they didnt get paid but it didnt go against them. He worked Monday and Tuesday and worked a 1/2 day on Wednesday and didnt work Thursday and Friday. We headed to Phil and Becky's on Thursday and stayed until Saturday. We got our tax money last Friday so we headed over to IKEA in IL, and bought our new bed! We needed a new mattress and we wanted to upgrade to a King size so we bought a platform bed, which we LOVE!! We came home on Saturday early evening and we bought our mattress. A couple from church let us borrow their truck to haul it. We might take it back though, N is not liking it. We sink in it a lot more than we though. It has a pillow top that has memory foam. We have 30 days to exchange it if we want. I think we will go with the one down from that. It has foam on top but its not the memory foam. We are both sleeping better than we did on our old mattress but not as well as we thought. N still wakes up with horrible back pain.
I have been pretty productive this week. I have all the laundry done except 2 loads, and that is a HUGE accomplishment. I usually slack in laundry and do like 1 load a day. The rooms still arent that organized, but I did get Lil's baby clothes in the vacuum bags. They sure done seem to get as flat as they show, but if it gets rid of those stupid tubs, its fine with me. Also there wont be the possibility of getting mildew.
Not much has changed. Lil is growing and the cutest baby alive!! We bought her a little table at IKEA and she likes it. I put scrap paper on there and her crayons so she can color. She has kind of colored on the table, but they are washable crayons. She has colored on the paper a little.
I FINALLY purchased more diapers! I got Fuzzi bunz last week and I am getting 25 more diapers, these are called Sweet Doll Baby. They look a lot like the Bum genius, which is what we have. Im excited. I will FINALLY have a big stash that I can have a good rotation and not wear out the BG. I LOVE using cloth wipes too! It so much easier and its softer on her bottom. The solution is home made and it smells wonderful. I bought samples of a diaper detergent. They are specific for cloth diapers but you can use the on your laundry too. The ones I got have scents but they dont make the diapers stink. I used to use vinegar, which I still could, it does make the inserts soft. I wanted to try this stuff. It works great and the diapers come out smelling fresh and clean.
We have has a lot of snow the past few days. The schools were canceled both yesterday and today including Ivy Tech. The problem over night was that the wind picked up causing blowing and drifting making the work the plow trucks did, worthless. We canceled small group last night and Nic canceled youth group tonight. N still had to work though. I had to run a few errands yesterday, the roads weren't too bad when I left, it was lightly snowing but by the time I got home the flakes were much bigger and it was snowing heavier.
We got a new dishwasher today!! It SOOO much quieter than our last one. I have not checked it yet since it was still drying but im anxious to see how clean the dishes come out. Our last one, I could wash the same dishes, mainly bowls, 3 times and they would still come out looking like they did when they were put in there. This one has 4 sprayers and the silverware tray is on the door or you can hook it on the front of the drawer. I HATE the basket on the bottom taking up all the space. This one also has a rinse cycle so when we load it, all we have to do is scrap into the garbage, and you can rinse it. It works best when you dont have a full load and you need to wait until it's full to wash, you can rinse those dishes each time you load it until its full to run. It also has a delay start for washing. Its a Whirlpool, so our entire kitchen is all Whirlpool now, except our stove, its Maytag, which is made by Whirlpool.
I dont have any new pics because I forgot my camera when we went to Phil and Becky's. I'll have to get the pics from them and then I will post them.
1 comment:
I just bought more vacuum bags for
Emerson's clothes today. I got the storage cubes. I'm hoping to maybe be able to get some of her clothes put in them tomorrow. I'm still looking to get some more diapers. I've got 32 right now, technically more because 5 of them are the reusable covers, but they're not my favorite. New dishwashers are always nice. We got a whirlpool like a year ago, we like it, but it doesn't seem to clean the greatest for us. I hope yours does better than ours. Hope you have a great weekend.
Post a Comment