As most of you know or at least my family knows that I am a horrible house keeper. Ask anyone of my parents or in laws and close friends, how horrible I am. Its really unexplainable and I know that. Its just hard because no one likes house work. I think some of the problem for me is, I don't know where to put everything. I go to people's houses and they are nice and tidy and not cluttered. I think our house well at least our dining room gets cluttered. I recently bought a bakers rack to help with that, I hope.
Anyways I am going to blog everyday on the things I am assigning myself to do daily. If I blog about it, then people can hold me accountable and I can see my progress and feel well accomplished. I don't know why its so hard for me to get motivated to do the work I need to do. I have been trying and I'm getting a little better. I got this idea for the blog I follow called The Homespun Heart. I absolutely LOVE this blog. She is such an inspiration and I have gotten a lot of ideas from her site, including a few Christmas gift ideas and a very cool Christmas garland idea.
I'll only post a few things on my schedule today. I didnt do much today but here is what I will do the rest of the day
Laundry
Work on Christmas gifts (sewing)
Meal plan, shopping list
Youth Group
Homework
This is only half of my list, but I will have to revise it for the rest of the week.
3 comments:
Have you tried Fly Lady? I love her site and use her Fly Journal and other ideas (like the 15 min timer). Give it a try!
I'm a horrible housekeeper too. I never have the motivation to clean. I'm going to try really hard during Christmas break to get our house all cleaned and organized. Good luck on your tasks.
Hi Heather!
Thanks so much for your e-mail! I really like Fly Lady too! My mom and another friend encouraged me during a recent time when I was really struggling to get my chores done and while I will never be as organized as the Fly Lady - I have adopted some of her thinking and it has helped me!
Also, this is one reason that I love to blog about these topics as it holds me accountable and gives me a jumpstart in motivation!
I'd love to see your garlands when you are finished!
Have a great evening,
Monica
Post a Comment