Thursday, July 30, 2009

7 weeks

7 weeks today Lillian will be 1!!! I'm excited yet sad all at the same time. My baby isn't going to be a baby anymore :( but I am so looking forward to the years to come with her. She is changing so much everyday its so amazing! She is going to be walking soon. She will let go and just stand there for a long time! It gets longer and longer every day. Last week she stood at the end of the love seat, let go and flapped her arms while just standing there! It was so cute.

She has figured out the play yard gate across the stairs. If its not tucked nice and snug between the stairs and the wall, she will pull it open and either climb the stairs or crawl into the kitchen. Well last night, while I went to the restroom, it got quiet and then I hear a thunk and she started screaming. I run into the living room and she is sitting on her bottom in front of the stairs. I didn't see anything at the time, but later before bed I saw that she has a red mark on her cheek, from where she hit the step. So....I now moved the baby gate to the bottom of the stairs. She also likes to push the play yard into the dining room and escape through the gap it leaves. That is what she did when she fell down the stairs, she pushed it and the stairs opened up.

I think I pretty much have all my ideas for Lil's party. I'm getting most of it at the dollar store, but I'm also making a few things. I want to go all out, our as all out as I can, but do it cheap and thrifty. I'm doing Evites again, because its cheaper and neat, I think. I will have to mail some of them.

Speaking of making things. I've decided that I am going to give it a shot on making the cloth diapers. I know I can do it, and besides I wont know unless I try. I'm going to get some old sheets at like good will or someplace like that and practice before I use the material. I know of a few sites that I got from a friend of a friend where I can get the material I need for the diapers. I figured if we are going to have another kid, in the near future, I want to do this because it will definitely save us a lot of money. I will also make out next baby's baby food. I wanted to for Lil but didn't. I'm going to really work on being as thrifty and frugal as I can. I'm doing pretty good, but I know I can do better.

School starts in 4 weeks, I'm excited. I looked up our books and boy are they expensive, even used. I know books are expensive but usually used are reasonable, but I have a few books that are over 100.00 used and so does N. Its a good thing we will have credit in the bookstore with our financial aid money, other wise I would try and get them on half.com or amazon. I'm looking forward to a few hours away from Lil every day. I only have class 2 days a week but ill need to study so I'll ship her off to Krissy's for a few hours so I can study. I love being home, but I will be happy to spend just a few hours away from her. I'm really excited about classes!

No comments: