Cedar Point was fun. I rode my first big roller coaster and it probably will be my last. I took Dramamine, but still got a massive headache and I didn't want to ride another one in fear that I would really get sick. I rode the Raptor and if you ask my hubby and aunt and cousin I screamed the entire time!! When we started moving I closed my eyes and when we started down the first hill I started screaming and I didn't stop until the ride was over. I screamed to the point where I had no scream left. I didn't have much of a voice for the next day and a half. It was pretty fun though. I rode a few other non roller coaster rides. N had fun. He rides all the rides and he had plenty of people to ride them with.
Thursday night Lil did not sleep at all. I put her in bed with us, I slept on the floor with her and I fell asleep in the chair in our bedroom with her too. FINALLY at 6 I got to lay her in the crib and sleep till about 7. So I was a Zombie on Friday, but I stayed up the whole day. Friday night she slept better, and I even laid her down for a few naps all weekend and she did well. It was a good start for her new nap routine. She is sleeping now her first nap of the day. The rest of the weekend she slept pretty well. On Saturday night around 1:15 N took her crib into the bathroom (we had a private bath) and she slept there for the rest of the night. She didn't want to go back to sleep, and I tried everything, but didn't want to let her cry in our room because my aunt and uncle were in the room next to us and those rooms share an return air duct. So we put her in the bathroom and she cried for like a minute and was asleep.
We had a lot of fun. It was a nice weekend away. We played a lot of card games and had some yummy food! While we were there I saw Lil for the first time let go of something and stand for a few seconds. She's going to be walking before we know it ;( *tear* I'm going to start weaning Lil from nursing. She is just getting to rough with it and she really doesn't nurse that much when she does. She only nurses for naps and bedtime. I'm going to take her nursing naps away and ease out of the bedtime naps. With her nursing naps she doesn't nurse hardly at all. I'm sad but glad at the same time. She doesn't use a bottle at all so I wont have to worry about weaning her off of that. She loves her sippy cup.
My dad is in town for a few days, working here in Lafayette. He came by last night and we started working on our patio. He bought us our patio blocks, N picked those up yesterday. Today we need to get sand to put the blocks down. We still need to smooth out the dirt. I tell you what my back is so stiff and it hurts bad! Today I'm getting a u-haul pickup truck and getting about 1 Ton of sand. I'm excited that we will FINALLY have a patio!
OK enough about us, enjoy some pics! Sorry I have been in a picture funk lately, so not very many pictures. Ill start taking more, I promise!
I was trying to get one of us, but Lil wouldn't look at the camera, but I love her pose!
1 comment:
Good luck with the weaning. Emerson and I are working on that too. She's not too happy about it. We're in the process of cutting the naptime feedings. I think we'll cut the morning feeding next and then finally the bed time one. Good luck.
Post a Comment