Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Doc is pleased....

Lillian had her 6 month well check yesterday and the doctor had nothing but great things to say about her. Here's Lilly Grace's stats

weight: 17.13lbs (75-90Th percentile)
Length: 25 in. (25 percentile)
Head circumference: 41cm (10Th percentile)

Both the doc and the nurse were very pleased that she was sitting up all by herself. The nurse said she doesn't see many 6 month olds sitting like Lilly does. The doctor said I can start her on stage 1 and 2 foods. Which I told her I started her on Tuesday, and she was OK with that. She said by 9 months I can start stage 3 foods, which are chunkier. The doc said I can give her both fruits and veggies, alternating. Then once she's through them I can start her on stage 2 foods, which they mix together and they get into the meats, which I am not going to make. GROSS. I don't want to mess with that.

Lillian has been taking her toys and banging them, its super cute. She seems to favor her right hand, dang it, I was hoping for a lefty!! I probably wont get one out of any of our kids, since right is more dominant. My dad's sister and I are the only ones that are left handed, and Ryan, my twin nephew is a lefty, but that is it. It really doesn't matter, but it would be nice to have a lefty :) Wednesday night Melody came over for a bit, and Lillian rolled over onto her tummy, like normal. Melody was using my computer, and I ran upstairs to grab something, not gone more than 20 sec. Lillian was on her tummy when I left and I came back and she was on her back and facing the opposite direction. Melody said she didn't move her. She has yet to roll back over on her back. Little rascal. Sometimes she is content on her tummy, she will turn herself around and grab and reach for toys, but then after awhile she gets mad.

She has been doing quite well with solids. Although I think she's allergic to carrots, I gave her carrots today for the first time and both times I gave them to her her cheeks turned red. One cheek at a time. I noticed it the first time we were out and about then it went away. So I gave them to her again, and they turned red again. So I wont give her the second jar tomorrow. I'll give her green beans. She has done well with the fruits as well. I do have to say, sorry if this is gross to you. I am not ready nor prepared for SMELLY poops.....GROSS!!! Its more like gag. I hate smelly diapers, I have never done well changing them on family when they were smelly. But such is life and that comes with the package deal.

We go get pics next Saturday. I cant wait. The dress I was going to put her in, she cant wear anymore and its a 6 month dress. A friend bought her a 12 month dress, its beautiful. I tried that on her the other day. Its a tad big up top in the shoulders but otherwise it fits very well. I'm going to use that for her pics and probably another outfit, maybe. Were going to Target this time, and I'm excited because she is so fun and doing more this time that I think she will do well. I hope. I cant wait until Easter! It will be a busy 4 days but it will be fun! I'm excited for my aunts and uncles and cousins to see Lillian again. Its been since Thanksgiving for my one aunt and uncle but the other saw her after Christmas. She's a lot bigger now and hopefully will be in a good mood that weekend and be fun and not crabby! Man has she be super crabby lately and very clingy.

OK must go to bed. Sorry no new pics, well I don't but they aren't uploaded yet. There aren't a lot. Ill post pics soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way about the smelly diapers. I couldn't stand to change my niece's diaper smelly diaper, but I don't really have a problem changing Emerson's. I don't know if it because I don't have a choice or what.