Sunday, October 19, 2008

My first pie!

OK so this one isn't all about our precious Lilly. I have been craving an apple pie for some time, and I decided that I would attempt to make one, well I made 2! They are good. Although the recipe I used didn't have much to it. I needed one with a crumble topping, and the one I chose was just plane Jane, it was just apples, sugar and cinnamon. Since I now know how to make a crumble topping the next time I make an apple pie, I will use one that has more spices to it. It is yummy though.

Well Lilly is sleeping right now and she has been sleeping since just before 10 pm. I'm so happy. Last night was a rough night. I always wait up for N to get home, and I was sleeping on the couch while Lilly was sleeping. We went to bed around 2am and of course she was hungry. So I fed her, and fed her and fed her. She wouldn't lye down in her bassinet. She would be sound to sleep and the moment I lay her down, she would cry. So I took her down stairs, granted I was getting very upset because I just wanted to sleep in my own bed, which I have not slept in very much since we came home. She woke up Wednesday with a cough and a stuffy nose, while she was sleeping she sounded very congested, which could have been part of her sleeping problem. Well anyways, the time we got downstairs it was almost 5 am. She was still hungry, so I fixed a bottle of formula, I do this every now and then, she usually eats about an ounce and falls asleep, this helps her to get fuller. We slept in N's recliner last night to help her be more elevated to sleep better.

I hope tonight will be better. She is going to want to eat as soon as we are ready for bed, which will be very very soon since its almost 1am! She will most likely nurse for a long time, and I will fall asleep on the couch as usual with her. I know she is growing, but sometimes I need to just get up and do something or have things that need to be done and I cant because she spends all day or all night nursing.

She has changed so much. She was 1 month old yesterday and my how she has changed. Here are a few pics that N took tonight of her while I was making the apple pies!

1 comment:

Trisha said...

The pies look great :) My apple pies are usually only sugar and cinnamon, though I've not made a crumble topping. I usually do the usual double-crust. Sometimes I add nutmeg to the mix, but there isn't much you need in the way of spices for an apple pie.

My little Lilly is growing so fast!

I tagged you for some fun over on my blog, btw. Love ya sissy!