A week ago today our baby boy turned 2 months old! How is that possible already?? He is such a sweet boy and we are so incredibly blessed with him in our family. God sure knew what he was doing! He is changing everyday. He is staying awake more throughout the day, which I guess that is supposed to happen. He is talking and cooing SO much more and is just a happy boy, when he isnt hungry or tired. He doesnt cry that much unless he has a dirty/wet diaper, is hungry or tired.
He loves his playmat and tonight he grasped his little elephant hanging from it and hung on for a little bit. He is SO strong! He can push himself to standing while sitting on your lap. His neck control is getting so much better. I imagine he will be able to be in his bumbo seat before too long. He LOVES his swing during the day when napping but surprisingly sleeps great in his bed at night. I do put him in his pack n play to sleep sometimes but for some reason he always wakes up a lot sooner than he should.
Thursday and Friday nights he slept ALL night! 8 hours, boy was that nice! Since then he has been back to his 5-6 hrs stretches. We are still going strong on our routine of feeding every 3 hrs. He wakes sometimes but at that 3hr mark I usually wake him if he hasnt. Yes I know they say you NEVER wake a sleeping baby but I have been doing baby wise and he has been sleeping 5hrs at night since about 5 weeks old and I am NOT about to give up now! It works too! It says to keep them on a consistent 2 1/2-3hr feeding schedule and you wake them at that mark if they have not already b/c they will get used to it and start doing it on their own. They say between weeks 7-9 they should be sleeping 6-7 hours ( I think that is what it said) and by 12 weeks they should be sleeping 8-10. They did studies, that they put in the book and it's about 90% affective. I like the schedule I think he is doing pretty well with it, except when he is going through a growth spurt. Then he doesnt want to each much and he wants to sleep and wont wake up for his feedings!
I know he is doing that right now. He has not ate a lot the past few days and has wanted to sleep a lot. Although he was awake quite a bit today. He loves it when you talk to him and he loves to sit so he can look around (what baby doesnt?) He talks to me every time I change his diaper and it is SO sweet! I know he loves his sister and I think they will be best buds one day (I hope). He has some payback to do already, though :)
I did a 2 month photo shoot last week and I will post some of those in another post. We went to the dr 2 weeks ago for his 2 month well check and he weighed 10lbs 8.3oz(25th percentile) and was 22 inches long (10th percentile). His hair seems to be getting redder and redder but he has blonde mixed in there too. He also looks JUST like his daddy and has the most adorable dimples (on both sides), also like his daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment