Saturday, August 25, 2012

3 months

I cant believe my little guy is 3 months old! I wanted to see how much he weighed (roughly) and I didnt make it to the dr yesterday to do so, so I just weighed him with my Wii. I hold him while I stand on it and it can estimate how much more you weigh. According to that he is 13.5lbs. He was 10 lbs 13.8oz at his 2 month so that might be accurate 3 lbs in less than a month is a lot but that just means he is growing!

He is SO much fun! He is laughing now and he has recently discovered his tongue. As you will see in the pictures. He still loves his swing for naps and will usually go to sleep when you pop his paci in his mouth. He's still going about 5 hrs at night, good but he could be sleeping 8. He will take up before then but I stick his paci in his mouth and he's good for a few more hours. Im still keeping him on a 3 hr feeding schedule during the day. I have it at a set time but sometimes it depends on when he gets up so I just adjust it. This week has been a little off due to me having class, so we have to adjust for that but will be just fine. If I keep him on the schedule I like Ill feed him before I leave for class and then daddy will feed him at 2 (I have class from 1:30-4:20) and then take them to the sitter at 3 and he will be set until 5 (or should be).

This past week has been a struggle with a horrible irritation from his cloth diapers in his groin. It's clearing up but he is in disposables right now and I am stripping his diapers and I bought a different diaper safe detergent. The nurse at the dr suggested putting Lotramin on it so I have been and it was starting to clear up in the cloth but switched him so I can do this long process (well not that long but longer than 1 load of laundry) so we bought disposables for now. I think I might wait until the irritation clears up completely and then switch him back and see what happens. I REALLY hope it was just a stripping and changing detergent thing because I really dont want to buy or use disposable diapers. I might cry! The good thing is it doesnt seem to bother him and it's not blisters it's just really red.

I love how happy my kids are. Lillian was so happy and a very good natured baby and so is Max. I love when he gets happy and laughs and sequels. Melts my heart! The only time he really gets mad is if he is hungry. He will get upset and mad if also has a wet/dirty diaper or if he is really tired. I think he is getting SO close to rolling from his back to his side. He has been rolling over on his side a lot lately and at times it's like he is really trying to roll over! I just hope he doesnt do it while I am not home :(

Lillian is doing great as well. We started Preschool this week (not full blown, we did calendar time and a few activities but I have it all planned out for next week!) We have been pull up free for a few weeks and have only woke up wet just a few times like 3 times, I think. She has been doing very well with it. She is also such a GREAT helper! She will get him his paci and even put it in his mouth at times, throw diapers away (when he is in disposables) get the burp rag and even wipe his face. Granted she does bother him and "tourment" him however that can be with an 3 month old. I say Max has a lot of making up to do! She does lover her brother though. She has to give him a kiss and hug every night before bed. It's so sweet!

Here are some pictured I took on his 3 month birthday. Ill be doing a photo shoot sometime soon.









No comments: