Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas part 1

Ok I know I am WAY behind in posting about Christmas so here is part one 3 parts.

Lillian helped me make sugar cookie cut outs.


Tuesday of Christmas week we did our family Christmas at home. We didnt think it was necessary to haul all of Lil's presents and each others presents someplace else just to bring it back again. I got a beautiful ring, Glee season 1, and apple peeler, corer and Wii Fit Plus.

I got Nathanial Star wars 1-6, a Barns and Noble gift card since the movies were on sale I had a little extra to spend and thought it would be nice for his Nook, I got him guitar picks and a finger strengthener to help him so he can play the guitar better.

Lillian got a lot from us. We got her a shopping cart, mega blocks, a Graco baby doll set and a tag junior with a few books. Oh and she got a Veggies Tales movie set that had 10 movies. Santa brought her 4 movies. 3 Veggie Tales and on Elmo in Grouchland.


Christmas Eve Eve after Nathanial got home from work we headed to Phil and Becky's. I had everything packed and loaded in the van before he got home, which never happens. We had a really great time. Phil was off so that was nice that he could spend time with us. But we all know he really wanted to see Lillian :) Brandon and Gretchen came over ( I think they were there when we arrived). Lillian LOVES her aunt Gretchen. We played scategories, one of my favorite games, and laughed a LOT! It was a fun night.




On Christmas Eve we just hang out with one another and enjoy our company. We eat ALL day long as Becky fixes stuff to munch on. There is a TON of food and sweets too! Then later in the evening, usually early evening their time (they are an hour behind), we start opening presents. Brandon is Santa and passes out gifts to one another. We go around the room and one person opens at a time. Its really fun. It is funny because we got Phil 4" angle grinder, which is something he wanted. I forgot to tell people what we got and Brandon and Gretchen got him a 7 1/2" angle grinder. Phil was excited and happy that he had BOTH sizes, so it was a win win.

Lillian made out like a bandit. I got a Keurig, which is what I wanted and I also got my 16 qt pressure canner too! I hope to be doing a LOT of canning this summer :) I got other things too.

Christmas morning Deb and Garrett stopped by real quick to give us our presents and we have them theirs. We then left for Mishawaka to spend the rest of the weekend with my dad.......that post coming soon.

No comments: