Friday, June 18, 2010

Long over due!

Per request, but I know this is long overdue, here is an update on our growing toddler of almost 2! She is changing everyday and it just amazes me! Here is a list of words and stuff she says or does

  • Her new word is MOM, and she uses it A LOT
  • hot dog
  • nye nye (which she says when we go bye bye too, im working on the "b" sound)
  • dog (when asked what a doggie says, she still says "meow," even if you get her to day woof before hand, silly girl!)
  • kitty
  • outside, she says this A LOT!
  • She can say all her animal sounds, including a Lion
  • she LOVES to sing her ABC's.
  • She will say 1.2.3 then clap, super cute!
  • Has grown an attachment to one of her baby blankets. Has to have it when she goes to bed, now
  • is doing AWESOME in her toddler bed!
  • loves blackberries
  • says "ball"
  • LOVES LOVES LOVES Sesame Street :)
  • Loves helping me with laundry and sweeping/vacuuming
  • Has a new found interest in faucets ( its really the running water)
  • brushes her teeth w/minimal assistance ( I usually brush them first and then let her)
  • She loves juice boxes!
Im sure there are more that I can think of. She is just becoming so independent. I cant believe she is going to be 2 in 3 MONTHS!! How is that possible?!? I know, I know, they grow up!

We have been busy around here. Trying to stay busy and enjoy the weather, but its been hard with all the stupid storms and the extremely HOT weather! 90's again this weekend with heat index in the 100's.

For Memorial Day weekend we went up on Friday, since N had it off, to go to my little cousin's high school graduation. Boy did that make me feel OLD! I remember the day he was born and I remember they wouldn't let me go back to the room and they wanted me to wait in the waiting area. I pitched a HUGE fit and my aunt told the nurses to let me go back. I couldn't touch our hold him, but that was fine with me. I was almost 8 when he was born, so I didn't really understand why at the time. He's always been like a little brother to me. Anyways then Saturday we headed to Rochester to my aunts lake house for his family party. Lil had fun. She played on the corn hole game. She liked that.

I know you don't really know which one he is but he is the one at the far end with the white stole, just getting to the administrator. Just so you know, he graduated with High Honors. He has a white stole (sp?) and a gold cord for high honors and then he was the only one in his school/choir to get honored for the Thespian award so he has a purple and gold cord for that. I'm so proud of him!

she loved climbing them and throwing the bags in and well, just putting herself in the hole.

I love this shot!

swinging with grandma Bacon

playing this little piggie

Later that evening we headed to the campground to spend the rest of the weekend with my mom and Rick. It was a nice relaxing weekend and Lil LOVED playing in the rocks. She was filthy and she was begging to go outside after her bath before bed. She absolutely LOVED it. I took her swimming too, and she didn't like it at first but I got her used to it. She even kicked her feet! She really liked sweeping the deck too! It was warm that weekend but not super hot.

Trying to put on her visor I bought her at JoAnn's

eating a snack

petting Rusty

swinging with daddy

being cheesy!

its so hard being a kid!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

She sure is growing up. I can't believe how big both of our girls are getting and how fast their 2nd birthday's are coming. Emerson will be 2 in a little over a month. Can't wait to see you guys next month. Have a great week.