Sunday, October 18, 2009

Changing again!

N and I have been talking, even before we had Lillian, that we would either home school or put our kids in private school. Well since private schools are so expensive I think we are about 95% sure we are going to home school our kids. I put that as a post on my facebook page and got quite a response, it was all good too. I know we have like 4 years (well 5 if she was going to public school) but its important that we think about this now. She definitely is not to young to start learning some things, and tomorrow I am going to start working with her a little more on some stuff like coloring, repetition of words, etc. I am actually excited about all this.

Sooo....with that said, I am changing my major to Early Childhood education, simply because I will not be working when I am done, but I want to feel that I have a degree incase something would ever happen to Nathanial. That way it will make it easier to teach our kids ,but not have to add more years. I could actually start in the program next semester. I wont have to transfer anywhere and go even longer to finish. I can still have the education background but with an associates.

I wanted to get a pic tonight of Lil holding her recorder to N's mouth for him to play it, but when I got the camera and got ready to take the pic she wanted down...of course.

There's always next time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy for you guys.  You should do what you feel is best for Lilly.  Just don't dress her in burlap sacks and make her look like one of the Charles Ingalls clan living in Walnut Grove.  Like I have said, I have seen some pretty weird people in my business that homeschool their children.  Its frightening to think that one day they are gonna have to face the real world outside the buble created by Ma and Pa.Marshall

Trisha said...

Cute new banner, btw...

Missy and Trav said...

I'm very proud of you! The best thing parents can do for their children is to put their needs first, so if you feel that Lillian will benefit most from homeschooling, then so be it :)

Teena in Toronto said...

Good luck with homeschooling!

Happy blogoversary :)