Thursday, February 16, 2012

14 weeks to go......

It's so hard to believe that I only have 14 weeks to go. Although it does seem SO far away!! We still have a LOT to get done! My goal/to do list isnt getting that much crossed off but everything for Max is ready EXCEPT his room. It's almost done I have to just throw things in boxes today and get it out of there! Then maybe we can paint this weekend! The game room is still a mess with boxes all over. Not sure how we will get the wall up with all that stuff there but we will get it cleaned up. We are STILL waiting on our tax money. We only filed it in mid January! I just checked the website and it finally said Feb 28th! Geeze!!! Not filing through H and R Block again!!

Anyways this last weekend was a busy one. Nathanial worked on Saturday but Sunday after church we headed to Home Depot. I wanted to order a rug that I like there but they didnt carry the color I wanted in stock, but ended up getting one on clearance and it was smaller. I wanted an 8x10 which would have covered pretty much the entire 2/3 of the floor. We got one that is almost 6x8 and it looks very nice. I ended up moving the ottoman to the wall to open up the living room. I cleaned out and and put the toys I want to keep down here (for now) in there. The room looks very nice and SO open! I now dont have a place to put my feet up but I can just do that on the couch. Then we went to Bed Bath and Beyond and I used my gift card from Christmas and bought me a Lime green steam mop! Now I WONT use it on the laminate but I will use it everywhere else for a deep deep clean! I have not used it much yet but I have seen them in action and boy do they clean!

Here is a list of things that I have accomplished.

  • Soaked and washed and stuffed diapers. I do still have some to put snaps on yet. I have been neglecting that!
  • Bought and washed ALL baby clothes, some I even soaked in Shaklee's Nature Bright to get stains out and they are good as new! I have also folded them all and put away and have even hung some up.
  • Nathanial go the bassinett down and I have washed all the bedding for that
  • Purchased a "new" swing and bouncer both used but the bouncer is practically brand new. 
  • All fabric for bedding is purchased, but has not been started on yet :( neglecting that too.
  • Crib bought just need a mattress
  • Bought a nice white bookshelf for his room
We still have to purchase a rocker glider which we almost did yesterday but then reading the reviews were were uncertain. I posted on my mom's group forum suggestions on rocker gliders and one friend said she would sell me hers for a REALLY great price! About 120.00 cheaper than what we would have paid. Walmart does have one but I really dont know the reviews. It looks very nice but Nathanial wanted a little more expensive one hoping it would be a better quality. She is hosting playgroup in a few weeks so I will check it out then, but I think we will get it. I know her and trust her. 

Now all that is left is to get that room cleared out and paint it! Then we can FINALLY get all the stuff moved in and unclutter the game room. 

Ok here is a 25 week comparison picture. I compared my 25 week picture with Lillian to Max. Let me know what you think. I know for sure I am definitely carrying higher with Max but it almost seems like I am the same size but let me tell you I feel HUGE!!! 

Oh and I have ONLY gained 7lbs!!
you can click on the picture to make it bigger.

No comments: