So I dont call them resolutions because often times I fail at them so I started setting goals. So far we have already gotten a head start on the one major goal I have for this year. ORGANIZING OUR HOUSE!!!!! Upstairs is a hot mess and it needs to be addressed. Could this possibly be me nesting already?? Perhaps but it has been something that I have been saying for awhile that we need to do.
Nathanial has a lap top now so he never uses his desktop. I am going to turn that corner using his old desk as my sewing area. I am going to put my fabric in storage bins and set next to it and I can have my cricut and all supplies in one nice area instead of scattered upstairs AND downstairs, where right now I do ALL my sewing. I want to get some storage shelves from IKEA to organize Lillian's toys and move most of her toys upstairs and have my living room back! Plus we will need to make room for baby stuff like a bouncer and swing before too long!
I bought storage containers at Home Depot yesterday (Saturday) and packed away 2 totes of Lillian's clothes that have been in boxes stacked in our bedroom. Now that corner is clear and WOW what a difference! Once we take the Christmas stuff down, which will be tomorrow, the spare room can be worked on a little bit too. It's an even bigger mess right now! Once we get the game room more organized and I start getting my sewing corner in order then it will look better. We have to make room b/c we will need to get that room ready for the baby. I hate losing our spare room but that's what happens with a 3 bedroom house. We do plan to get a sleeper sofa for the game room so people do have a place to sleep.
We bought a brand new still in box (never opened) crib AND dresser at goodwill yesterday and saved 256.00!!!! We paid less for each than what the normal retail value us. You can buy them at target and boy are they nice! Lil's new dresser actually matches the crib but I wont use that for the baby. I will use the other dresser that has a changing table on the top, they wont match as the crib is a cherry and the dresser is white but I think it might be a nice contrast and hey, you go with what you have right? The dresser is nicer for Lillian because it has 6 drawers and I can divide her things up a little better and it's easier for her to open instead of one long drawer.
The other goal is after the baby is born is to really be diligent and work out and LOSE WEIGHT!!! We have an elliptical and it has barely been used and I have a FREE gym I can go to and work out WITH a trainer! Which I had done before but stopped, but now they have a new company so I wont have the same trainer.
Another goal is to start reading the bible daily!! I have been HORRIBLE at this and really need to make that change!
Well those are my goals for 2012 and I am confident that I will achieve them! I hope that everyone has a WONDERFUL New Year and that God will bless your family this year. I sure know that God has truly blessed us again and I cant wait to meet this little boy or girl in May!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment