Monday, October 24, 2011

NEWS!!!

So now that we have been to the dr and everything is well we would like to announce that Lillian will be a BIG sister on our around May 24, 2012! We are so very excited as this has been a LONG wait! Lillian is very excited too as she says all the time, "I'm going to be a big sister!!!" She says she wants a baby sister and her name will be sister, HA! Little does she know........

We actually found out the week of Lillian's birthday but we didnt tell anyone. A few weeks later we decided to tell our parents/sibling by Lillian's Big Sister shirt. We happened to go visit the IL's that weekend so Lillian wore the shirt and I took a picture of Lillian wearing the shirt and I sent the picture to my mom and dad and sister. That was a fun day! There was quite a bit of laughing as Phil and Becky didnt notice the shirt right away  and finally Phil said "Big sister?! Is that for real?" Then Becky said, I thought you bought that at a garage sale............haha we laughed a lot. Then came the phone call from my mom and a text message, yes text from Sharon. I finally told my sister before she got her package b/c it took 10 days for her to get her stinking package!! I couldnt wait that long so we skyped and I had Lil wear the shirt and she was very excited!

Lillian is very excited and likes to tell me all the time that she is going to be a big sister. She likes to look at the pictures in my pregnancy book and say look its the baby in mommy's belly, "shes" growing, then turns to the next picture, "shes" getting bigger and so on. She always calls it a she.

We decided to tell the Croell's (our VERY dear friends) b/c we are there a lot and they watch Lil while we go to class on Tuesday. Well Krissy happened to come over that Monday after telling our parents and Lillian spilled the beans so we HAD to put the shirt on and walk down to Shanon's she she could "tell" them! They were all very excited!

We went to the dr today and all is very well. I have recently switched OB's and I met her for the first time to day and I.LOVE.HER!! She is amazing! She suggested the u/s to confirm my due date, which I was spot on :) but if she would not have I probably would have convinced her too after all that happened last year and she was very sympathetic towards that.

Baby is doing very well, measuring spot on at 9weeks 4days. I will be 10 weeks Thursday. We got to see the heartbeat and the little stubby arms and legs move, which was a great sign too! She said everything looked great and had no concerns.

I showed Lillian the pictures when I went to pick her up from Shanon's and she said awww, its Jax (a 6 month old little boy Grammy and Shanon watch). I thought it was funny!

Our little peanut. 9w4d.
I had blood tests to have taken today but ended up waiting. She ordered a glucose test too and it was already after 2 and that would have taken an hour and Nathanial gets ready for work not long after 3 and we were hungry so she gave me the stuff to drink and I will probably go back this week to get the blood work taken. Dr. George thinks that I have PCOS, which is Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, long story short it basically means you have too much insulin in your body and she is going to test me for it after the baby comes b/c she said that it can lead to me having diabetes later on. I think she is testing me now to make sure I am not going to have gestational diabetes and just making sure my levels are good now.

She did say she wants to exercise 30 minutes a day and I use our elliptical for that just to help maintain my weight.

I am nauseous all.the.time but that is a good sign. I am taking a nausea medicine which helps most of the time but I can only take it every 8 hours. I will take it after I eat but then the next time I eat I get nauseous again and I cant take it! Stinky!

So just curious, what all do you think it will be?? I have a strong hunch it's a boy as much as I want another girl........Guess we will find out in January!

I will definitely try to blog more, I know I have been slacking a lot in this field. I need to start taking pictures and I will try and post those too.

No comments: