Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Trip to NY!!

2 weekends ago, May 14-16Th we flew out to NY to see my sister graduate from college. It was a wonderful trip, but it was sooo long. Lil did really well flying, better than we expected. she never fussed on take offs and landings, except when we were landing in Dulles, D.C. She got really fussy and finally went to sleep like 20 minutes before we landed. She has been up since 3:15am and had not slept until that point. I was so happy to be off that plane and be in NY. We rounded the corner to the exit and Trisha, mom and Rick were all there waiting for us. My sister ran to greet us and she came bearing gift, bribery gifts for Lil. It took her awhile but she went to her. She let her take her to the bathroom and change her diaper before we left the airport.

Our flight from Dulles was delayed by almost an hour because we were waiting on our pilot, which was a good thing because we would have barely made it on the plane. We got to Trisha's and we ate lunch and I put Lil down. I put her down around noon or maybe it was 11:30 and she slept until 4!!! I know she was exhausted. Friday was a relaxing day. Lil slept in Alex's room and N and I slept in the living room on an air mattress. Friday night we went to the Lilac festival. That was neat. It's a HUGE thing there and its 10 days long!

Saturday was a LONG day as we had to leave the house by 8:3o due to the Lilac festival and the roads being closed at 9. We headed to SUNY Brockport, my sisters college and had breakfast in the lounge of her Political Science building. Then we headed to the stadium to get ready for the graduation. N and I took Lil down for awhile to play in the grassy area, because you know how toddlers are, they cant sit still. Just before the ceremony started N took her back down to the same place. She was NOT a happy camper and she was very tired. She slept through almost the entire ceremony and was much better afterwords. Thanks to my wonderful hubby to did that so I could see my sister walk across that stage! It was a cold and cloudy day but so worth it!

After the graduation we headed to their church where she had her reception. It was really just my parents, us and Brian's Mom and step dad and sister and brother in law. They has a couple from church that came.

Our flights on the way back were good. Our plane was late leaving from Rochester so our layover in Detroit was not as long as it was supposed to be. I tell you what, I saw NOTHING but farm land in Detroit. You think there are a lot in Indiana, there seems to be lots more in Michigan. I didn't see many houses or buildings.

We got home around 10:30 and it was so good to be home. I was so worried about security and that was a cinch.

Ok, enough about our trip. Here are some pictures.
*WARNING: Pic heavy!

Chillin with mamaw after her nap

This was the only way she would even get close to Uncle Brian. A cool app on his iPhone called talking Charlie. She LOVED it!

riding the train with g and g Bacon at the Lilac Festival

Aren't they beautiful?

I absolutely LOVE this picture!!!!

palying with Aunt Trisha

walking to breakfast with Daddy and Aunt Trisha

They both are wearing polka dots, this was NOT planned, either

playing with her cousins

My sister GRADUATED!!!!

Lil playing outside on Sunday morning.

playing with grandpa

do you think they just adore their little cousin!?!?

No comments: