Thursday, June 28, 2012

Maxwell is 5 weeks!!

WOW! I am WAY behind on blogging! I need to get better about blogging about Maxwell! He sure is a true blessing to our family! He is so sweet and cuddly! God sure knew what he was doing when he gave us both Lillian AND Maxwell. Last week Max had his 4 week well check. He weighed 9lbs 3oz (25 percentile) and was 20 3/4 inches (25 percentile) and his head was 36 1/2 cm (25 percentile) He is little but at least he is proportional! I still cant believe he is 9lbs. I have seen several babies recently born that were well over 9lbs and they are CHUBBY! He has pretty much outgrown newborn clothes but he is still little for 0-3 but he is filling them out. We have not started cding yet b/c he is so little that the diapers are SO big on him!

He is changing everyday! He is really smiling now and he is cooing and making other adorable baby noises! Night time is getting better, it was a rough beginning. I can lay him down awake and he will go to sleep with no problems, unless he is gassy, which is often. I invested in something called Biogaira (sp) which are yogurt drops that the dr told me about. Boy are those things EXPENSIVE!! They didnt even last a week! Then I was told about gripe water, which is SO.MUCH.CHEAPER! That seems to help a lot and it works quick. He has been less fussy at night and doesnt seem to have nearly as many gas issues during the day or night. This week he has been going every 4 hrs between night feedings and pretty much during the day.

I am trying something (not being strict with it though) called Baby Wise. It basically says how you need to keep them on a consistent feeding schedule of like every 2 1/2-3 hrs. You need to wake them if they dont wake up to they get used to the routine. They say by 7-9 weeks they should be sleeping 7-8 hrs at night and by 12 weeks they should be sleeping through the night. I am hoping this will work, of course it doesnt work on some, but they statistics are pretty high according to what the book says. Our routine got off a little bit over the weekend when we visited the IL's but it's getting back on track.

We had newborn pictures done, which I will post in another post, when he was 8 days old. We also attended a wedding for an adorable couple that go/went to our church, on June 2nd which was fun. He slept through the entire ceremony and only woke up to eat at the reception but of course it was that same time it was time for all of us to eat. He was a big hit at the wedding as that was the first time church family got to see him (with the exception of our pastor and youth pastor).

 alright enjoy some pics. These were all taken on my phone but they are from birth til now. Sorry they are out of order. 



3 days old! Also thanks to grandma for making his onesie!
                                          

                                                    

my handsome boy!


ready to relax, pool side!


enjoying being outside with the fan blowing on him.


One month old 6/23/12. Thanks grandma for making my tag!
"feeding" her giraffe. I knew it was bound to happen!


My prince at 4 weeks!

No comments: