Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Progress!

Well in the baby dept. anyways. We have not made too much headway upstairs but I have been baby sitting the past few weeks and that makes it hard to get stuff done up there. This is what I have done so far.


  • Soaked 2 batches of diapers in Shaklee's Nature Bright for 2 days, BOY did it ever brighten them up and really decrease the stains! They look GREAT! I still have a few more to do. I need to soak my girly ones. I have been debating on weather or not to use them but as some friends say, they are diapers, and they are right! I do have 13 diapers that I have ripped the velcro from and need to convert to snaps. Actually now only about 11 because I have done about 2.
  • Have gone through all of Lillian's old baby stuff (some clothes) repacked and set aside blankets and such for Max.
  • I have bought Newborn, 0-3, 3-6 month clothes for him for a GREAT price and there are a lot of clothes. Need to wash those.
  • His crib is bought, just need to get a new mattress
  • Bought a new (used once) baby bouncer for a steal of a price!
  • Ordered wall vinyl sheets for my cricut for his room, picked out a paint color and some fabric. This is a hard dept. b/c I dont see ANY fabric that I want for his room except online and that's kind of expensive!
  • Bought letters for Max's room to go above his bed. Just have to have daddy spray paint them :)
That is about it right now. I do plan to work up stairs today and get our room organized and cleaned ready for the bassinet in the next few months. I have to work on his room, which I will do today and tomorrow, and get all my fabric organized and ready for a new location so we can get the room cleared out, except for the queen bed, and start painting!
We are putting up a wall in the "game" room to make a 4th bedroom in the next month or two. As soon as hubby gets taxes done and we get our return! That room will be my new sewing/crafting area and there will be  a few toys in there for when Lil is up there with me. 

It will have orange, brown, gray and white circles that is the theme. I bought the vinyl to cut out on my cricut for the circles. I think I will just do it on the wall with the crib and I think I will add them to his dresser since we are reusing the one that we used for Lillian. It is white but at least we can bring in the theme to that. Now just to find the fabric I want!

This is the color but it is slightly darker. 

Things left on my long to do list

  • make baby bumpers, crib sheets, changing pad cover, pillow for rocker, curtains and circles for the wall.
  • I do plan to make a few cloth diapers as I have found some SUPER cute PUL fabric!
  • make cloth wipes
  • obviously get his room ready
  • get bassinet down and sheets to wash
  • make diaper bag (one that can carry quite a few cloth diapers and that matches his room)
  • shelves for the wall above his dresser/changing table
  • baskets for diapers and wipes storage
  • Buy rocker 
  • get car seat down and wash cover since it's been uncovered in the garage for 2 1/2 years or so. 
  • get room organized for bassinet
  • get his clothes all washed and put away
I know there is probably more but I really hope not. that is a LOT to do in just 4 short months! Yes ONLY 4 months to go!!!

No comments: